HOYA CEO speaks of future of Pentax

Started Oct 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,330Gear list
Like?
Re: HOYA CEO speaks of future of Pentax
In reply to Tom Reynolds, Nov 16, 2009

Tom Reynolds wrote:

OTOH, you're not following your own advice (where are your facts?), but instead, from a positive comment you're making... what? I will quote your own words:

Tom Reynolds wrote:

Business speak for> "We will sell the assets and brand name to get some of our investment back before we will run the company into the ground".

That's nothing more than FUD.

Alex S.

How do you know I am not following my own advice? I still use Pentax equipment but have waited to make any further investment in same. That is my reaction to the facts that I am aware of. You mentioned some facts that I guess are in the positive column. There are also a number of negative facts as well that I choose not to mention so I do not stir you up again. I personally would love to see Pentax increase market share and become stronger. I like their style. But, I have no real emotional or financial attachment to them, only to photography in general and my wallet and its contents.

OK... I guess no one will ever find out what are you talking about, what are those "facts" who can prove that Hoya is desperate to sell Pentax. "before running the company into the ground" - as you said. And it's all my fault, for being such a scary "fanboy" no one wants to "stir up".

By the way. If you didn't wanted to "stir me up" you wouldn't have posted at all, after more than two weeks, bringing up again that useless discussion. After all, it wasn't like you had some fact to show us, had you?

Alex S.

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
JimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow