Started Nov 16, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Jordan
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
Wedding Delemma
Nov 16, 2009

I have been asked to shoot a wedding as a primary photographer by a friend who is too cheap to hire a real wedding photographer even though he has the money to do so. I am by no means a wedding photographer and I've told my friend so. I shoot mostly lanscapes. He is insistant that what ever I take will be good enough for his needs. I doubt the bride would think so. I told him I would let him know tomorrow. I have made it clear that if I do this he can only expect amature pictures and that I recommend he hire a professional. All this being said if I do this for him I need some suggestions. The place the wedding takes place at is a large metting center with very high ceilings preventing being able to bounce flash. It is usually very dimly lit. My only camera is a Canon 5d, I have a 24-105, 17-40, & 100-400. I am trying to see if I can borrow a friends 70-200 2.8IS and think that will be my best option and for wider shots use the 24-105. The theme of the wedding is hawaiian so it will be colorfull. I'm worried about the low lighting and high ceilings. My only flash is a 580EX MkII. I have no softboxes or stofin covers to reduce the deer in the headights look when shooting flash head on as I suspect I will be forced to. The friend that could loan me the 70-200 also has a bracket to move the flash off the camera body if that is desired. Any advise is appreciated. I was thinking maybe I should rent another lens but not sure what would be best. Maybe a 24-70 2.8 or an 85 F1.2. Maybe I should talke a pass on this whole thing!

Tom
--

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow