Started Nov 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alice p
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
epson 3880 and 'pizza marks'
Nov 15, 2009

first of all, i'm new to printing (other than a little one where you don't think at all!) and i'm new to forums like this so...forgive me if i'm slow...

that said i'm looking at getting a new printer A3 or A2. i've been looking for few weeks and have gleaned a few things...i am veering to the epson 3880 and am trying to see if the problem re pizza marks (i get where they come from now, i saw a pic) and whether it has been sorted by epson with this new printer.

the other printer i thought of is the canon a2 one, not sure the exact name but think it's 5000. dont' know as much about that except it does have a roll...

erm..i'll be using fine art paper a lot and already have some hanemulle which i bought quite a bit of when it went cheaply. so i'll be printing art as well photos...

i'll be honest, i'm old enough not to mind sounding stupid, but i've read about paper 'profiles' but i don't even know yet, what they are and entail you doing etc. i really am that new! but i want a dead good printer, and i'm excited about getting into printing...it really is a treat for me and i have a lot of time so...

hope nobody minds a complete novice and i look forward to the day when i might be of help to somebody else, but right now i'll be taking more than giving.

thanks in advance

alice

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow