Started Nov 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
snegron
Regular MemberPosts: 499
Like?
LX3 Firmware Update Question
Nov 15, 2009

Not sure if this has been discussed here yet or not, but I still have version 1.0 on my LX3 (the original firmware that came with it when it was first released) and I would like to know if I can load the latest (2.0 .o 2.1?) firmware to it? In other words, can I go from 1.0 to whatever current fimware without having to install any firmware in between?

Second question is that I read that there were items included in one of the firmware updates that forced you to use the Panasonic brand battery; other functions might not work if you installed a third party battery. I currently have two batteries for my LX3; the original Panasonic and a third party battery I got from Circuit City just before they closed down operations. Both batteries work perfectly well with my LX3, but I am a bit concerned that if I install the latest firmware update my third part battery won't work in my LX3 anymore. I don't like the idea of having to spend more money on another Panasonic battery when I have two that work pefectly well now.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow