Skin Softening Tools

Started Nov 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
PhotoArtKC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,585
Like?
Re: But what did YOU think?
In reply to DotCom Editor, Nov 15, 2009

The Lightroom brush is probably the easiest and if you own Lightroom 2, you already have the tool. You can tweak the level of the softening by adjusting the brush pressure or the level of clarity.

Portraiture is quite powerful, but I find it difficult to use and edits are destructive, thus you would want to duplicate the main layer/s and edit on a separate layer if you wanted to go back. Same thing with Nik CEP3, BUT it makes it's own new layer for you.

Nik is the easiest aftermarket solution and it does also have a number of OTHER functions built into Color Efex Pro that are well worth having on their own.

If I didn't have Lightroom, I would be more inclined to go with the Color Efex Pro package since it does so many more things.

I left this out of the review since some people may prefer one over the other, I'm leaving that decision to which is best to each person. But the above is my own thoughts after having used them all for some time now.

DotCom Editor wrote:

Thanks very much for posting the information. I'll certainly find it useful as I think about purchasing a third-party plug-in for skin processing.

What's missing from the post is your expert opinion. Now that you've used these tools, I'm interested to learn what you learned!

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

My photography blog, Photoshop tips, color tips and more: http://modifiedphoto.wordpress.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow