Started Nov 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maney gomes
Senior MemberPosts: 2,061
Like?
Printing services vs do it yoursef ?
Nov 14, 2009

I know the new hip thing to say is that we all want to be photographer and not computer technicians... Thus, lets spend more time shooting and leave the retouching and printing to others who have more experience and can do it better...

That all sounds very romantic, but the cost of that is not realistic...

Some of the online printing services can charge up to $8 per head to remove something as simple as red eye... Never mind wrinkles and other face imperfections... Color management equal even more expenses... by the time you are done, printing online can turn out to be quite expensive...

So, back to square one, one has to be able the most we can at home before sending out our files to print, better yet, get good enough at retouching as to the only service you will need from the press shop would be printing and no retouching...

That said, I still want to order one of those hard cover album books being offer online. I want to present my mother with a nice book with pictures of her grandson for Christmas.

The question is who do I trust with those images... Once you upload your kids images to their servers, that is it, who knows where those images would end up and if they will ever be deleted after the printing job is completed ?

So who do you guys trust the most, who provide good comparable prices for their service, reputation and product quality ?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow