lighting for architecture - Advice needed.

Started Nov 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wellyman
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
lighting for architecture - Advice needed.
Nov 11, 2009

I've been shooting interiors for my employer, a corporate design firm, for about 5 years now. I don't use any lights, yet. For a few jobs I've rented a 3 light Lowel Omnilight kit from a local outlet but mostly I've just been shooting 'natural'. Needless to say, a lot of post with all of my work. I've been given a budget of ~$2000 to invest in some lighting, and I'm sort of stuck at which route I should go. One route would be to go with continuous Tungsten lights, probably a Lowel Omni kit with 4 lights, scrims, etc. Until recently, this was all I knew existed for this type of photography. But then, on a personal adventure to learn portraiture, I learned of the strobist 'movement', and have an alternative option of say, buying 3-4 580EXII's, maybe a RadioPopper setup, and some small stands and umbrellas, gels, etc. I love the portability of this option, as well as the ability to fine tune the output of the lights, not to mention with RP's it can be done from the camera! A big plus.

I was hoping some of you all could shed some light, pun intended.
Thanks in advance.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow