Started Nov 11, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,335
Like?
Is there something wrong with my D300s?
Nov 11, 2009

My D300s takes an extra JPEG image when I select NEF+JPEG file formats to be saved. It only does that with the JPEG file, there is no copy of the NEF. It seems as it is saving an extra copy of the JPEG but with identical file name.

It is definitely weird and I don't like it. I initially thought this only happening when Nikon Transfer was used, but no, even when I use Windows Explorer to transfer the images directly from the camera I can see dual copies. What is happening? What is strange is that if I remove the CF card from the camera and use an external card reader than there is only one file... which means that there isn't an extra file on the card, or...?

I am pretty sure it was not like this from day one because I can't find dual copies of JPEG files. I think I observed this for the first time after I tested the video function. There may not be any connection to the test, but it is definitely very strange.
--
http://www.olyflyer.blogspot.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow