ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kiz
Kiz
Forum MemberPosts: 57
Like?
$2 lens - worth it? C&C welcome
Nov 11, 2009

I had the fortune to buy a 5 Nikon lenses for $2 each. I've been testing them out one by one. This is the 200mm prime lens, old, manual. I don't have an external light metre yet, I'm using the D80, so there is a lot of guesstimating. I'm fairly new to digital photography, and this is the first time using this lens (this was the test run). Not the most exciting subject, I'm sure, but damn if it's not a good lens for the price! Not the best "birding" lens, maybe, but the birds were the most interesint subject I found in a 10 minute walk from home.

As I AM new to DSLR photography any and all harsh criticism is welcome, I have a lot to learn. No post processing of images. I posted the test of my $2 - 24mm lens in the Beginners Questions forum. Insult my composition, exposure, techniques - anything so long as I learn a bit more.

Guess this does show it's the person and not the price of the lens, any and all faults are mine!

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow