Started Nov 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,155Gear list
Like?
Epson 2880 Black Ink Switch Problem
Nov 9, 2009

I'm sure others of you have discovered this particular weird behaviour on the r2880, but I just encountered it. I had been printing with the PhotoBlack cartridge, but then I switched to the Matte Black cartridge and it worked fine after the requisite "charging" interval. But when I went to switch back to the original Photo Black cartridge, the printer would not accept the cartridge. The resulting error dialogue really didn't spell out the issue. Since then, I have discovered on line that if the cartridge you took out has less than 1/3 left, when you try to put it back in, the printer will not recognize it. Apparently this is by design. Seems stupid to me, and it wastes 1/3 of the ink you had in the cartridge. Epson should be ashamed! Have any of you figured out a way around this? Any way to fool the firmware into accepting the 1/3 full cartridge?

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-}

http://www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow