Started Nov 9, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Quicksilver
Contributing MemberPosts: 569
Like?
Testing Mpix vs. Bay Photo...
Nov 9, 2009

Let me begin by saying that I currently have a pro account with Smugmug, and use Bay Photo for my print lab. Wonderful customer service, wonderful quality.

Recently I've had an opportunity to do a free trial with Zenfolio.

Wasn't looking to switch my pro account to ZF, but now I'm not so sure. Was actually looking for a decent site for hosting personal and family images at a better price than Smug offers.

Out of curiosity, I just placed print orders to Bay via my Smug site as well as orders to Mpix via the ZF site. Wondering how the 2 labs will print these. : ) Prints should be here in a few days, can't wait to see how they look. Both Bay and Mpix will do the color correction on the prints.

I've always liked Smugmug, but I have to say, at least for me, navigating ZF's shopping cart was simplicity itself. Much better than expected. I think my customers might agree.

I wish I could get the best features of both Smug and ZF in one package, LOL!

Smug wins on customization features alone. But I have to say, ZF wins on price and ease of use. Just curious if the print quality is comparable, the customer service seems to be so far.

Cheers,

DL

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BayNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow