Polling on how does everyone upgrade their camera?

Started Nov 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hdngo1
Contributing MemberPosts: 941
Like?
Polling on how does everyone upgrade their camera?
Nov 7, 2009

First of all, unless you have some time to kill then read on otherwise please ignore the thread because I just figure out what to do with my 40D, so if you care to share your thought then thanks :). I am asking because I currently own a 40D, still happy with it (by itself but not with respect to the 7D :(). I see a lot of people on this forum buying a new camera every time Canon release a new model , but there are people still showing good pictures from their 10D-40D (include a lot of people from the first group that have 7D but still showing their great shot from 40D and 50D).

So, how about all of the 40D user still have not upgrade, care to share why? (Assuming money is an issue but can be push around to get the 7D).

For me I have two choice, I can either replace the 40D with 7D ($1200 different, I am sure I can get at least $500 for my 40D) or save that money until the 5D II replacement come out (I know it may be a while). One thing I know for sure, if I replace 40D with 7D now and by the time 5D III out I probably want to upgrade again( that where the other $1700 need to spend, assume I can get $1000 for the 7D by then). I think Canon is really smart to make the 7D at $1700 because it makes us have an easy transition from $1200 to 1700 then $2700 instead of $1200 to $2700. So, if I just hold on to the 40D and order the new 5D when it release make sense to me, anyone else? You can ask why not 5D II now, the answer is I am still OK with 40D and the 5D II is still the same price at when it release, and most important, I am not capable of using the full advantage provide by 5D II yet, and I think the new 5D III will probably have 27M pixel plus all the bell and whistle from the 7D except the build in flash and hopefully I can fully use the capability of it by then :).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow