Started Nov 7, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zee Char
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,230
Like?
My 7D
Nov 7, 2009

So as many of you may have read I had a bit of a struggle with my 7D MFA and Lens Align. The culprit was my 85 1.8 due to shallow DOF. About a week ago I thought I had it resolved but I still was not getting that warm fuzzy feeling with my 7D. Don't get me wrong as I was getting great shots but there was just something not quite right. One day MFA is telling -5 and the next +5 on all lenses.

1. 50D one year ago. Did MFA adjustments and was great for the whole
year and never looked back.

2. First 7D just did not do it for me. So I returned it.

3. Second 7D was great. Did the MFA and I was off to the races and it
took no time at all. Then I installed FW 1.0.9 and I swear something
changed. Maybe I just got lucky doing the MFA with FW 1.0.7.

Last Monday I had enough so I shipped it to New Jersey. Got this email yesterday

Dear ZENON :

We have received your equipment for evaluation and repair. Based on our initial examination, we will start the necessary repairs at no charge to you. You can expect the repair to be completed and returned back to you within approximately 7 business days* from the date shown above. There is no need to respond to this notice.

I'm pretty sure there were a good number of people that thought I had no idea of what I was doing and I don't really care. I may not be the sharpest knife it the drawer but I don't need fancy testing systems and proof to know something is off. After 5 years and 5 digital cameras you just know. The email from Canon took a huge weight off my shoulders.

-- hide signature --

I have made my decision. Don't confuse me with the facts.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow