Started Nov 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peppino
Regular MemberPosts: 444
Like?
7D and DPP users please read
Nov 3, 2009

I just took some test shots with my 7D and was checking them out in DPP and noticed some strange things. In a few cases I took 2 shots one right after each other in of the same static subject. The funny thing was that the second image was always much sharper then the first. I could not figure out how this could be happening. Anyways...long story short... looking at the images at 100% in DPP, the software has to generate a "high quality preview" of the image (same as in Lightroom). The image looks soft until the preview is done being generated, but onces its complete the sharpness appears. So my problem was i was moving too fast from photo to photo while looking at them in DPP and all i was seeing was blurry images. I think i would view the first image and say, "thats out of focus" and then quickly move on to the next image, which appeared sharper. So my point is, slow down when viewing your images or you may be tricked!!! most of the images i thought were OOF were because i didnt wait for the high quality preview to fully generate! the images were actually fine! so slow down and take your time and wait for the preview to fully generate (there is a status message at the bottom of the DPP window telling you its still working on it.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow