Started Nov 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wojo35
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Have D80, upgrade faster glass or to D90
Nov 3, 2009

For past 18 months I've been shooting a D80 with Nikkor 18-200VR 3.5-5.6 and added the Tokina 11-16 2.8 when it came out. Recently I've noticed myself not being 100% satisfied with the performance of higher ISO on the D80 so I turned here as I was thinking of upgrading to the D90.

I'm looking for suggestions/confirmation on what to do. I am not a pro, just an enthusiast very into getting great pictures. I'm thinking the best and most cost efficient thing to do is buy faster glass but have no idea what lens is appropriate.

I think it's more difficult to decide on a new lens, or 2, since I am not a pro and therefore don't specialize in any one type of photography. I shoot a lot of scenic things and sports. However I also live in NYC so I enjoy shooting store fronts during holidays, city streets and the occasional portrait/close up of my wife.

Should I be getting a prime or two? If so which ones, what specs? Or what about 1 prime and the Tamron 17-50VR I've read a lot of positive things about on here? Trade the Nikkor 18-200VR for different range??

Totally lost, but know I would like sharper images in lower light which means faster glass or better camera that gives me better high iso performance.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow