Started Nov 3, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
djezraj
Contributing MemberPosts: 630Gear list
Like?
Un warranted attack any advice?
Nov 3, 2009

Hi About 3 days ago an unidentified poster commented quite harshly on my Flickr account the following quote. Whats troubling is that is appears in reference to this forum as I dont comment much on others if at all. The user name is ada09820 and this is the photo in question

The quote is as follows

Ya know - they say the highest form of flattery is imitation. Before you run your noob mouth off on forums ... you should probably make sure you aren't desperately trying to imitate the person you are talking s*it about. Oh yeah - your photography sucks and so does your processing; you wish you had the skills to pull this off.

What is strange is the image is simply a snapshot with my Point and shoot which I use casually. The image is straight Jpeg with some minor in cam processing and I know I did correct the distortions of the G7. I am confused if I have been imitative here and how? Its clearly not my favourite shot but someone has gone to some trouble to single this out. What is weird is the comment is referencing me running my mouth off?? I cant see how this is related.I hope my potos or comments haven't offended anyone.

If anyone has any comments or advice on the situation it is welcome. Also If I could make this photo less imitative in some way how would you do it?

Cheers
Roger

djezraj's gear list:djezraj's gear list
Canon PowerShot G7 Pentax K10D Fujifilm X-E2 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +8 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow