Started Oct 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Onabeach
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Pentax 110 system digital version?
Oct 30, 2009

New poster here; will be a proud owner of a red k-x soon!

But I must confess that I hope that the Pentax k-x is the last I see of the SLR format. That mechanical flippy mirror is so old school. I have glasses and a big nose; I much prefer looking at the LCD rather them mashing the camera up against my face. An articulated LCD gives a lot more viewing options. Even better, make it a removable wireless LCD or have a second wireless LCD something like the iPhone (with a shutter release).

Olympus and Panasonic have come out with removable lens non-SLR cameras and there is a lot of discussion about the rumored new Nikon system. But Four Thirds lenses are not that much smaller then the k (EF-S, F, etc) mount lenses, and just as expensive. The old Pentax 110 system had about the same size "sensor" but the removable lenses were about half the size of the 4/3s lenses. The Pentax 110 was a really cool system ( http://www.pentax110.co.uk/index.html ). Wouldn't it be great if someone came out with a digital version of this system? Keep IS and the lens drive motor in the body and the lenses could be almost as small and cheap. Of course, it would also have to come in multiple colors!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow