Started Oct 30, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdventureGuide
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
I need help choosing a lense.
Oct 30, 2009

I am new to the Canon Family, having just purchased a new 7D. I have always been a Nikon user, so I am now having to learn all about the Canon lenses. Here is my problem and questions:

I am used to using a 28-200 tele-zoom lense. That range has always worked well for what I shoot. (www.TheClimb.com for examples.) However, the only Canon tele-zoom lenses in this range are an EF-S 18-200 or the EF 29-300L. I don't really need the 300 capability (although it COULD be nice!), nor do I need the wide-angle 18. Either lense would work for me. BUT, will the EF-S lense give satisfactory results with a 7D, or will it create a lot of vignette on the edges? What are the pros and cons of using an EF-S lense on the 7D? Has the problem with the broken "lense lock" been resolved on the EF-S 18-200, and does the EF 28-300 have the same problem?

I appreciate your help, and look forward to using a REAL camera now! (Sorry Nikon, but that 18 megapixel sensor and super sharp optics won!)

Cheers!

Jim

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow