Teleconverter Question for 70-200 f/2.8

Started Oct 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
John Strock
Regular MemberPosts: 374
Re: Another Question for ya'
In reply to DeanL, Oct 29, 2009

DeanL wrote:

I really like the swimming shots. Very sharp. I noticed you (and occasionally others) have the active D-lighting turned off. I have always had mine set at "normal". Any reason? I will try and see also.

On another note, the 1.7TC looks like it doesn't effect IQ much at all. I am considering a 1.4TC for my 70-200 2.8VR for a little added reach. I also have a 70-300VR that I don't use at all anymore - just not as nice of bokeh. I posted the question on the Nikon lens board and it seems that the 70-300VR was recommended over the combo. Since I use my 70-200 2.8 90% of the time, I don't see me really carrying the 70-300, but I can see me with a 1.4TC tagging along when needed. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Dean. I have been more busy than usual at work and just haven't visited the forum in a while. Yes, I leave D-Lighting off on purpose. My experience is that it does more harm than good. It slows the fps speed and adds noise.

I don't have any experience with the 70-300 so I can't comment on it that much. I have been very pleased with the 70-200 and 1.7 TC combo, but some find the size and weight of the combo to be an issue.

Thanks for the nice words regarding the swim pics..

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow