Teleconverter Question for 70-200 f/2.8

Started Oct 22, 2009 | Discussions thread
John Strock
Regular MemberPosts: 374
Like?
Re: Another Question for ya'
In reply to DeanL, Oct 29, 2009

DeanL wrote:

I really like the swimming shots. Very sharp. I noticed you (and occasionally others) have the active D-lighting turned off. I have always had mine set at "normal". Any reason? I will try and see also.

On another note, the 1.7TC looks like it doesn't effect IQ much at all. I am considering a 1.4TC for my 70-200 2.8VR for a little added reach. I also have a 70-300VR that I don't use at all anymore - just not as nice of bokeh. I posted the question on the Nikon lens board and it seems that the 70-300VR was recommended over the combo. Since I use my 70-200 2.8 90% of the time, I don't see me really carrying the 70-300, but I can see me with a 1.4TC tagging along when needed. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you Dean. I have been more busy than usual at work and just haven't visited the forum in a while. Yes, I leave D-Lighting off on purpose. My experience is that it does more harm than good. It slows the fps speed and adds noise.

I don't have any experience with the 70-300 so I can't comment on it that much. I have been very pleased with the 70-200 and 1.7 TC combo, but some find the size and weight of the combo to be an issue.

Thanks for the nice words regarding the swim pics..
--
John
http://www.strockphotography.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow