Started Oct 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ProtoPhoto
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
S90 In Late Fall Woods
Oct 29, 2009

It is late fall, long past the peak for fall colors and the weather is usually overcast, but I've still been having some fun playing in the woods in the two days since I got my S90. If is a fun camera to carry around in my shirt pocket, and I thought the photos below were worth sharing. The only processing was RAW conversion in DPP, though I did work the sliders a bit...

A nice little waterfall, I used F8.0 to slow down the shutter speed and waterfall as much as possible on a cloudy afternoon, and then recovered the highlights in RAW. ISO 80, 1/13 shutter and a net +1/3 EC (-1/3 EC + 2/3 AEB).

Frosty early morning with leaves the sun had not yet lit up and melted. Down and past their prime, but still some muted colors. F/4.0, 1/40, ISO 160 and EC -1/3.

The undergrowth is succumbing fast to the freezing nights, but a morning sun that had just come over the ridge isolated a fading burst of color. F/2.0, 1/1000, ISO 80 and EC net -1 2/3 (brought highlights back in RAW processing).

Hope you enjoy, I really do like this fine little camera... C&C welcome

ProtoPhoto's gear list:ProtoPhoto's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +7 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow