Started Oct 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Fisher
Regular MemberPosts: 391
Like?
List features you wish were included in the 1DM4
Oct 28, 2009

With the release of the 1D Mark IV there are several features that I wish were included. Not thing major, just tweaks that could make the camera more useful to me. Let's start a list - perhaps Canon will see this list and maybe, just maybe, they will added a few to the next camera.

Here are my two:

1. Start/stop series button. Many photographers will shot their hand at the start and stop of a pan or HDR series. Why not have a button that flags the meta data that a series starts w/ this image and then again ends with the current (or perhaps) previous image. Not hard, except for designing the interface, but since I photograph pans and HDR (and sometimes both) I would this useful.

2. Depth of Field brackeeting. Just like there is bracketing for exposure, I would like to set minimum and maximum focal distance and have the camera take a series of exposures based upon DOF calculations utilizing the current F stop. Of course, all the caveats apply - camera/subject can not be moving, limited range, ... With Helicon Focus and other tools this would be useful in selective applications.

well that's my $0.02, now worthless after inflation.

Rich

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow