Started Oct 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Graham Gibson
Contributing MemberPosts: 564
Like?
Small case for the GF1 + 20mm
Oct 28, 2009

I looked around for the smallest case I could find. An earlier thread here suggested the Lowepro Rezo 60, which I handled in the store and found to be somewhat taller than necessary, plus the flap has basically no function at all. Then I found the Ape Case AC165, which fits perfectly and is even smaller than the Lowepro. I ordered it from Walmart.com for $12.77 shipped Some photos:

Side-by-side, it is barely larger than the GF1 itself:

Loads from the top, with a front pocket that could be used for probably a single filter or extra battery. Two interior mesh nets with elastic in the main pocket:

I'd prefer a red interior to match the GF1, but the yellow is decent. I might get a wrist-strap for my GF1 instead of the neck strap:

Fully closed, neck strap inside. The case comes with its own neck/shoulder strap. Side mesh pockets are small, so I don't know what I can fit in there (maybe a pocket tripod?). It has a sewn belt loop on the back:

Overall quality is decent but not amazing. I just want enough padding that I don't have to worry about throwing it in a suitcase or gym bag, and it works well in that regard. The camera slides in and out easily, but isn't loose, which is the main thing.

(sorry for the lousy photo quality--taken with my camera phone in a dim office!)
--------------------------------------------
Panasonic GF1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/grahamgibson/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow