Started Oct 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Annie36502
Regular MemberPosts: 286
Like?
JMicron - No any drive found
Oct 28, 2009

I received my new Gateway FX6801-01 last week. Thus far have been pleased with it. I put one of the hard drives from my old computer in the internal bay and the other two in the two front accessible bays. They are all recognized and work fine. The inside of this machine is really tight!

At some point I noticed this message when the machine boots: "JMicron Technology Corp. PCIE-to-SATAII/IDE RAID Controller BIOSv1.06.65, Copyright 2005 JMicron Technology, Detect drives done, no any drive found."

I cannot say for certain whether the message appeared from the very first time I booted or whether possibly it was after I had installed the additional drives.

Anyhow, being one who does not like error messages of any kind, I called Gateway yesterday. Actually, I used the CHAT feature. The first person I dealt with told me to update the chipset driver. I tried that and cannot honestly say whether it updated anything or not. I don't even know if it NEEDED updating in the first place. At any event, the message still appears.

I contacted Gateway again. This person insisted that I needed to go back and restore the machine to factory defaults. Which I am very reluctant to do after installing software, etc. for the past few days.

I must state that this error message in no way (that I can tell) affects the performance of the machine.

So . . . should I just close my eyes when the machine boots, or is there someone out there who can explain to me what's happening. I really hate the thought of calling Gateway again. I'm afraid I'll end up with NEW problems in addition to the existing one.

I apologize for the long post, but this is really bothering me. The only thing I have been able to find is that motherboards no longer offer IDE support and that they have gone to third-parties for that - JMicron. But I don't fully understand what they are saying and how to apply it to my situation.

Many thanks for any assistance.
--
Annie P.
http://www.pjphelan.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow