Started Oct 28, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roger Knight
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
GRDIII, LX3 or S90 for my pockets
Oct 28, 2009

I have a reverse quandry to most of you fora people. I have a super SLR set up to take to Europe for some work for 3 months but I want to get a quality Shirt pocket camera before I go.

It will be winter and cold in Austria. (I must be mad going there when it's summer at home in Adelaide, South Australia).

a)So the LX3 worries me only in relation to the miniscule controls. the lens is magnificent from all reports.

The S90 looks Ok except that it's really only a 28 mm to 35mm camera with a fast depreciating f value after those focal lengths.

Which brings me to the GRDIII. I love the logica, free thinking l quirkyness of the GRDIII design and the fact that although it is point and shoot capeable as all 3 are it's also likely to be somewhat challenging too. (In a good way). Just like a quirky and intelligent woman I guess).

My question is, and money aside, Is the f1.9 and beautifully designed 28 mm fixed focal length going to bug me?

I should add that I have never had a Digicam just SLR's, so I really don't know this area of photography. All I know is that a true point and shoot would bug me.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow