Started Oct 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eastvillager
Senior MemberPosts: 1,048Gear list
Like?
I returned the S90 yesterday
Oct 27, 2009

I returned the S90 yesterday. My dealer was cool and said no problem. The rear wheel problem was the deal breaker. The design flaw and yes it is a flaw was simply going to be impossible to work around. Love the free spinning when it came to image review but inadvertently hit the wheel too many times and ruined my exposures too many times already when shooting. If you wear the camera around your neck or carry it from your shoulder it is impossible for it not to be rubbed and therefore changed pretty much every time you use it. How many people want to carry a camera all day with a hand strap and glue your fingers to one spot consciously all day. Not i.

Another deal breaker was the higher ISO myth. I bought the camera because of all the pre release hype that the camera is able to shoot at a higher ISO with much better results. I was hearing rumors of a 3200 ISO point and shoot. I'd even take 1600 or 800. Well that turned out to be a lot of bunk. Witness the luminous landscape review of the G11.A camera that contains the same sensor.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/g11.shtml

Basically the review says the camera has a usable limit of 200 ISO for any quality presentation. So there goes that reason for buying this camera or in fact the G11 itself. Add in washed out colors, poor auto exposure, terrible barrel distortion at 28 mm, no HD video and poor build quality the camera is really not a viable alternative to say the Lumix LX3 which is leagues ahead of this camera for a little more money.

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow