Started Oct 27, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeonXTR
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
Like?
Viewfinder importance
Oct 27, 2009

I must first clarify that i am a Canon user and very satisfied with my choice.I don;t intent to whine,just to express some thoughts.

I own an EOS-5 and EOS-3,from back in the film days.Back then it would cost one about $1000 to buy either the one or the other(when they were new).Both at the time had very good AF(5-point eye controlled for the 5 and the first state of the art area-AF for the 3).And also very good,large viewfinders.

I recently received my EOS-5mkII.Having payed almost twice for it,than for the 5 and 3 at the time,i expected something.......on-par with these two.

I already knew that the mkII's AF wasn't the 1-series one,or even the 7D's one,but being a nature photographer that doesn't bother me.

But i really can't understand why its viewfinder is smaller(even by a small margin)by the EOS 5 and 3.Is it just me or is this not very reasonable?

I'm glad that canon has solved some issues with the 7D,giving it very good AF and (at last) a larger viewfinder,not a mach for FF of course but at least on-par with the competition(D300).Hopefully the 5D mkIII or the 3D will also have these improvements.
--
Let there be light

LeonXTR's gear list:LeonXTR's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM Canon Extender EF 2x II Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +5 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow