Friend demands un-edited photos from bus trips we do even blurry one!!!

Started Oct 26, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
macwrite
Regular MemberPosts: 487
Like?
Friend demands un-edited photos from bus trips we do even blurry one!!!
Oct 26, 2009

I've been reading this forum on/off since 2004 (D70 still current), and have really listened to the "Don't give out high res photos to people." honestly I have 30K in photos, a Spyder3Elite I got for my birthday in May, and still haven't started rating (rejects (still keep them), no rating, 1 Star for editing and publishing (well 1 star to edited photo upon editing).

Here's the problem, My friend who has gone on "Trams Fan Bus Trips" helped out wiht some photos due to my ability to stand more the 2 minutes wihtout serious backpain. Fine he demanded photos last week else, he wouldn't take video n yesterdays trip. so I sent him 1024x768 of all the photos he had taken (or appeared in) JPEG quality 0. He didn't like them. I then sent 1024x768 Quality 8 on Saturday night and he liked them.

Today he said when he called yesterday evening "Now send me the unprocessed photos you took today or I might forget to hit record on your camcorder on the next trip." Note the previous photos I sent him were also un-processed. He even for this trips photos demanded the blurry ones, he wants them all. He is twisting my arm say we should consider the photos ours as we both took them (well this trip he did video, I did photos). I don't want to give out the raw photos with all the bad ones etc. But he is (I feel) blackmailing me saying if I don't he won't do anymore video on future trips. I am also sending him a link to this thread to read.

What do I do? I want him to continue to do video on the trips, so I can do photos, but don't want to give out all my bad photos in exchange for him doing the video.

Pros what do I do? I am not a Pro but an experienced amature. I also don't want to fall into the "Old Media" of lock everything down, but giving out the raw dump from my memory card? He says he won't share them, but if they do get shared…I only want my best work to be on the web on my Smugmug site.
--
My gear http://www.trevorharrison.com/camera-gear
My Photos http://www.trevorharrison.net

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow