Were we really of no value to Panasonic? Did they get it wrong?

Started Oct 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Trevor Carpenter
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,367
Like?
Were we really of no value to Panasonic? Did they get it wrong?
Oct 25, 2009

3.5 years since I joined the Panny forum, I was looking at the current content and contributors and came to the following?

Virtually all of the people who were here in my first 12 months including me, have moved on

Now how much is the norm and how much is down to Panny’s failure to evolve the line that ended with the FZ50?

It might be that people inevitably move from a P&S to a DSLR although many people including me were dragged screaming.

Did Panny get the L1 and L10 wrong in that they were just too big a jump for most and after all neither have given Panny any inroad into the DSLR market.

I do believe that for all their great attributes the G1 and GH1 missed the possible audience completely because of the unavailability of any lenses that would be affordable to the people moving up from the P&Ss.

Despite all the hype, the GH1 Looks like a massive flop. Go onto your local Amazon site, search on Digital cameras or even Panasonic digital cameras and sort by best selling. You will wear your wrist out before you get to a GH1

My two FZ50s cost me £390 and £280 respectively . Relating that to the rest of my lifestyle I’m unlikely to take my next purchase up they ladder to much more than a 50% hike up so I wanted to move up with Panny there was just nowhere to go..

Panny have almost certainly lost a lot of loyal brand followers and that seems a big shame to me because I think that they had a great camera range and gentle evolution would have consolidated and I believe given them growth as well.

They still have the TZs and FZ38 which have come about from gentle evolution lets hope they have a good plan to move forward with these.

Does anybody think that Panny have got it right in the last couple of years.

And do you know what pees me off more than anything, not being an active member of the friendliest good banter forum on the web.

-- hide signature --

Oly e-fivetwenty, seventy-threehundred, eFZed50, Oly TeeCON17, RaynoxDCR150 DCR250
My Galleries are at
http://picasaweb.google.com/trevorfcarpenter

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow