Started Oct 25, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ad2005
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Panasonic G 20mm underexposure with G1
Oct 25, 2009

Yesterday I finally managed to get hold of a Panasonic 1.7/20. I drove to Germany for it, in The Netherlands it doesn't seem to be available (and believe me, I checked!).

But let me get to the point. When testing it on my G1 the pictures look distinctly underexposed by about 2/3 stop at all apertures. The 14-45 zoom doesn't show this, direct comparison between the two in ACR shows a difference of almost 1 stop. I took pictures in artificial light with the white balance set to incandescent lighting.

When I used a flash with a fixed output and M(anual) mode on the G1 both lenses showed equal exposure at the same aperture within 0.1 stop or so, so aperture calibration is not the problem. Using the built-in flash yields a difference of 0.1 stop, so that's OK too. It looks like the exposure measurement is confused by the 20mm lens under certain circumstances.

I checked the Panasonic site. My G1 has the latest firmware V1.4, the 20mm has V1.0. I couldn't find any updates for the 20mm.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone know what's wrong here? Thanks.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow