Started Oct 23, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David Pastern
Contributing MemberPosts: 724
Like?
Mark IV High ISO performance
Oct 23, 2009

Interestingly, Canon only provides one high ISO image - that of a butterfly @ ISO 3200. If one looks at the image @ 100% in Photoshop, one can see a bit of blurring in the darker areas (at least to my eyes). True, it's not too bad, especially at normal viewing ratios, but the noise isn't as good as the 2 year old D3 at ISO 6400 imho. That's 1+ stop at least difference imho. Still, I'm quite happy with the IQ of the new camera. And the DR seems quite good as well, nothing to really complain about in that instance, at least with the small amount of images Canon has released.

I missed the images/videos that were posted on various sites, so I've only had a very small selection of images to choose from that Canon has officially released. Have I missed much in terms of samples/examples at high ISOs (3200 and above). I'm mainly interested in 3200/6400 performance. If other samples @ 3200 are similar to the Butterfly image, and the 6400 image doesn't lag behind that one too much, Canon's done a pretty good job.

Dave

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow