Why is 1.3 crop better for *your* needs?

Started Oct 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert
Forum ProPosts: 20,228Gear list
Like?
Re: Most of the people that need a 1.3 crop, don't visit this forum.
In reply to zoooming, Oct 22, 2009

zoooming wrote:

And that's confirmed by the number of critics of the MKIV that have been flooding this joint with their 'FF this' and 'FF that' comments.

If the AF meets expectations the sports shooters will be in the queue quick smart.

Zoooming

Michael_J wrote:

Canon makes it's different cameras for it's different customer base. Hard as it may be to believe, most DPR members do not make up the customer base Canon is reaching for the 1DMKIV.

-- hide signature --

People who claim to be open minded never see it my way.

-

The way I see it is different. I think this forum, or at least the SLR lens forum with sports and wildlife threads draws lots of crop shooters both 1.6 and 1.3. The folks who want to eleminate crop are folks who only do photography styles that require FF. Or they want a "do it all" camera. Their opinion is driven by their niche. I know mine is, but I don't begrudge other people their needs.

So whenever a new body or lens is announced, and it does not fit your particular niche, you have a place to whine. That's not a bad thing, allows people to vent.

-- hide signature --
 Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow