Started Oct 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bjornarild
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
So I bought the G10 - what've I done?
Oct 21, 2009

I was one of those people who kinda lost patience waiting for the G11/S90, and bought the G10 just a few weeks before the G11/S90 was released.

Well, another reason was that I had a holiday at that time and wanted a new camera with me...
So, now that the G11 and the S90 is released, did I make a mistake?
Should I have waited a few more weeks?

I use the G10 as an allround camera - I have a 40D for more serious portrait pictures etc. For my G10, I have the SpeedLite EX270 flash, to keep the ISO values low (normally 80 to 200 and occationally 400).

I must say that I'm mighty impressed with the G10's performance and detailed pictures - but I sometimes wonder if I would've been even more impressed with the G11 or the S90 as an allround camera.

So, those of you who have tried both cameras - is the G11 THAT much greater than the G10 for ordinary use?

Oh, I just turned this into another G10 vs G11 thread, didn't I? Sorry about that, but I'm just curious now that more people have had a chance to try the new cameras in "everyday situations". If you had been in my situation, would you have tried to sell the G10 to get the G11, or should I just enjoy my newly bought "buddy", and hang on to it until the next update (possibly a G12), as the difference between the G10 and the G11 is to little to justify the extra money?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow