Started Oct 21, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PJSHOOTER
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
why did canon make this camera?
Oct 21, 2009

PJ's, at least all the ones i know and myself included want full frame and the best low light performance possible, with high fps for fast moving events, a smaller sensor means more noise, and wide angles are less wide, so its not designed with PJ's in mind....

The 1.3 crop for sports...maybe, but you can crop a full frame camera to 1.3, a 16mp fullframe would give you a similar resolution to the 1dmk3 when cropped, and I dont remember sports shooters saying they needed more resolution, plus a 1.3 crop will give you less blurred backgrounds if you are using shorter lenses, i prefer to get the background out in my sports shots...

So its for people whose lenses aren't long enough? Maybe, but as said before you can acheive this with a FF camera. Or a 1.6 crop...

So who is it for, apart from poor saps like me who can't afford to switch to the camera they'd rather have. I still have 2 mk2n's as I didnt see the mk3 as enough of an upgrade. Maybe I'll skip this one too. After 5 years of the same camera I would've though canon would be making something I really couldnt do without by now. Shame.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
why?New
why?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow