XS/1000D : the best for starting real photography !!

Started Sep 29, 2009 | Discussions thread
Fish Chris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,777Gear list
Like?
I hear you Dervisali.....
In reply to dervisali, Oct 21, 2009

good thinking, and like I said, I know the 1000D is a fine camera.

For myself, on the other hand, the 10mp's of my current DSLR isn't enough. Heck, for what I'd really like to do (on occasion) 50mp's isn't enough ! If I had the money, I wouldn't even be looking at regular format DSLR's. Instead, it would be Large format, digital back stuff for sure. Or, at least (for handheld stuff) the 21mp's of a 1DsMkIII

Of course I understand that going from 10 to 15mp's (from the 1000 to the 500) causes a slight increase in noise, which I hate But I'm so used to always trying to shoot at 100 and 200 ISO anyway.

Then the other thing is, while I never really cared much about video before, now that I have my PC hooked up to my 1080p flatscreen TV, "I really want to see myself on TV, catching and releasing a BIG one" LOL

For me, the money difference doesn't really matter. I'm so poor, that either way, I'd have to save for the 1000..... or save just a little longer for the 500...... and then save for an eternity, for some good glass.

Peace,
Fish

-- hide signature --

Please check out 'Fish Chris Photo .com' at the following link:
http://www.trophybassonly.com/id182.htm

Fish Chris's gear list:Fish Chris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow