new FZ38/35 videos, shame about the sound

Started Aug 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
imam is amateur
Junior MemberPosts: 37Gear list
Like?
Re: have an issue with vertical lines
In reply to rdandrea, Oct 21, 2009

rdandrea wrote:

Actually, the CCD overload (streaking) wasn't that offensive.

What was more offensive in your videos was the exposure stairstepping, best seen in the first video when you zoomed in on the spire on whatever building that was.

I have an FZ28. One of the reasons I have been following the FZ35/38 is the ability to set manual exposure. Locking down exposure would have avoided the stairstepping in that scene.

I have FZ28 videos that exhibit CCD overload on reflections. I can discipline my shooting to avoid the overload. But my biggest problem with the FZ28 is that I have no way to override automatic exposure, which leads to the stairstepping shown in your video.

I'm still not convinced that buying the FZ35/38 is worth the tradeoff: CCD overload vs. manual control.

But since you have already made the commitment to the 35/38, I'd be interested in seeing videos in which you did your best to avoid the overload while at the same time locking down exposure to avoid the stairstepping. Please try an ND filter and manual exposure, and please report the results.

thanks rdandreal, this is not the result of my video I just found the video of the FZ35 from youtube and found irregularities ..

I want to buy the FZ35 but found irregularities with the video, and re-thinking to decide buy or not

but I understand and thank you for your information and an advice to buy a ND filter

thanks. Sory for my english

imam is amateur's gear list:imam is amateur's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow