Started Oct 20, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MicekyVee
Forum MemberPosts: 73Gear list
Like?
Canon 15-85mm Initial Impressions
Oct 20, 2009

I had a chance to to take the 15-85 out yesterday for about 15 minutes (know the owner of my favourite camera shop). Initial impressions are quite positive. From an IQ perspective, I would rate it pretty close to the 17-40L, but not quite there.

Construction is surprisingly good, zoom is smooth and focusing is pretty quick. It may just become my walk around lens.

My needs are pretty simple these days.. I have slimmed down my system considerably since getting out of wedding photography.. basically have the 7D, 24-105L & 70-200F4L IS, 580EX plus a bunch of accessories. Sold the 17-40L and some other stuff to get the 7D.

Anyway, I print 8x10 & 13x19 and have my Mac linked to my PS3 to do slide shows on my HDTV. I'm not a pixel peeper but do go to 100% for sharpening.

Full size images are at: http://public.me.com/m.vucinic

These shots were processed in Lightroom and they're OK. Waiting on official support. The prints are very good.

MicekyVee's gear list:MicekyVee's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X II Canon PowerShot G7 X Nikon 1 V3 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +2 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow