OT - Don't ignore a 'charley horse'.....

Started Oct 19, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Theresa K
Forum ProPosts: 29,585
Like?
OT - Don't ignore a 'charley horse'.....
Oct 19, 2009

I've been gone for a bit, did a stint in a hospital. I ignored the worst charley horse of my life. I could barely walk. After a week, went to the doc and got an ultrasound. (I had to argue with him to get the ultrasound, he thought it was a varicose vein.) They sent me to the hospital, where I have been for a week.

I have a blood clot in my leg and one in my lung. In addition, through the testing process, they discovered that I have an aortic anuerysm. I feel like I have dodged a HUGE bullet by this discovery. It's too small for surgery but they will monitor it for the rest of my life.

My advice is to take care of yourself and don't ignore 'small' symptoms. Don't be intimidated by a doc who tells you it's nothing to worry about. Trust your gut.

At any rate, you get great props when you are in the hospital! All shot in available light with the 50mm....

-- hide signature --

Theresa K

E-3, E-300, 8mm fisheye, 14-54, 35-100, 50-200 and 50mm lenses, FL-50, FL-36R, HLD-4
http://theresak.smugmug.com/

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow