Started Oct 19, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
maccam
Regular MemberPosts: 345
Like?
Girley-man wrist strap on G-11, but it works
Oct 19, 2009

I don't like neck straps but prefer a wrist strap. G-11 doesn't come with a wrist strap so I've been using the rather longish one that came with my A-650. It really made the camera awkward to handle. That same wrist strap works well on the A-650 however because the camera is a different shape than the G-11. The thing needs to be a lot shorter for the G-11. I came home after a days shooting fall leaves and spied the white, short strap that came on my daughters elf or whatever that was I bought her. She didn't think it was cool enough so she never used it. It happens to be just the right length. It's white, however and somehow the cool factor of the G-11 is diminished.

If I'm out shooting, I just leave whatever camera I have in my right hand (well, ever since digital came along that is). If I'm using S5 IS, I use the strap I borrowed from my first digital, a Fuji 2600. It works perfectly (on the S5). I have to find a manly black strap of just the right length and I've seen them on the web but they don't tell you how long they are. Oh well, minor matter. The G-11 is a great camera however and I'm not sorry I got it even though I ended up carying both the S5 with Raynox extender (for birds) and the G-11 for everything else.

JAW

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow