Started Oct 18, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
richiedodson
Regular MemberPosts: 291
Like?
SLR Sound-proof box/blimp
Oct 18, 2009

Hi all - I'm looking for somewhere that sells SLR blimps (sound proof box for movie sets etc.) for a 1 series Canon. Preferably in Melbourne Australia. I'm of course open to 2nd-hand gear or getting in touch with someone who knows how to go about making one - I'm guessing a box with sound-deadening foam and attaching a remote trigger is really all that is necessary and some way of looking through the viewfinder and attaching a monopod... sounds easy enough...

I have a sports job that will require machine gunning a lot - it's for a coaching manual and needs to show the whole series of tennis strokes from preparation through to follow-through. Since I will need to machine gun pretty much every decent stroke - I don't want my camera noise to interfere with play too much (Aus pen pro tennis in January)

I know the players are used to the noise but mostly the pit photogs snap 1 photo each shot with only the occasional burst here and there. I will need to do it a lot... I also don't want the other pit photogs to think i'm one of those guys who machine gun everything... the sight of a blimp will let them know that I 'need' to be doing it.

Anyone know of info about these blimps and their availability?

Cheers, Richard
--
'high IQ'

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow