Started Oct 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
doggy5354
New MemberPosts: 23
Like?
Mirror fell out from my 5D
Oct 17, 2009

After reading about this symptom for the past 2 years, mine just fell out two days ago. Darn!

I was taking a bunch of pictures in the office with my trusty EF 100 f/2.8 macro when suddenly the viewfinder turned partially dark and the shutter release won't operate. I removed the lens and saw the mirror had slid down the holder flap and is loosened.

I've sent it to the local Canon distributor yesterday and they expect the turnaround to be 3~4 weeks at the earliest (most probably it needs to be sent to Singapore Canon). I printed out the 5D mirror service notice from CPN Europe and handed it to the nice lady handling my case, it seems they were not aware of it and she asked whether she could keep my print-out, which I said yes.

While there, I was eager to test drive the 7D but unfortunately they were out of stock (overwhelming demand of the first shipment) as they also supply it to the local camera stores. They're still waiting for the next supply which would be end of the month or early Nov. Oh well, perhaps it is wiser to wait a bit as the production ramps up and hopefully they find and fix more bugs b4 I commit to this body or else I can look forward to 1D4 announcement (if CR is right) in a few days.

I took some shots with my G10 and it can be viewed here:-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/doggy5354/

B/regards

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow