Started Oct 17, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ManofDestiny
Regular MemberPosts: 155
Like?
S90 HDR Photos
Oct 17, 2009

I typically use LDR (low density rendering) photography for interior shots and HDR (high density rendering) for photo artistic expression (I've heard that somewhere)

I was thrilled to learn that the S90 had the AEB, Automatic Exposure Bracketing, feature. Then today I read that if you set the front control ring to Exposure Compensation, when AEB is turned on, you can pick various over and under settings for the shot. Amazing. This camera gets better and better.

Most of you probably haven't ever taken 3 exposures (-2, 0 and +2) and combined them into one photo. That produces well exposed light areas and dark areas don't lose their detail in the shadows.

Notice the difference between the LDR and Single exposure in the distant hills and the blue in the sky. The LDR captures detail whereas the single exposure loses some. However, Fuji's 200EX has the DR feature, but judging from the single shot comparison from the S90, I'd say it is doing very well.

If you are curious, Google Photomatrix, which is the software I use to do the magic and read up on it.

Here are my first samples from the S90. They aren't spectacular views, but it will give you the idea.

All were taken at ISO 400, on a tripod. Next time I'll pay more attention and drop down to ISO 80 for better quality.

HDR - 3 exposures blended into one

LRD - 3 exposures blended into one

Single exposure

HDR - 3 exposures blended into one

Enjoy!

-- hide signature --

-- Terry

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow