Are these HDR images over-the-top?

Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
Graham Best
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525Gear list
Like?
Re: Are these HDR images over-the-top?
In reply to Docno, Oct 15, 2009

Glen,

I like the images. I'd like to see you develop them conventionally, and re-post. You didn't specify if these are tone mapped single exposures, or actual multi exposure hdr. In either case, if you can display this much detail, the info is there for extraction.

I use Photomatix pro for my HDR and tonemapping chore's. I've found the "natural" preset as a good starting point for many landscapes. As far as your images being "over the top", I'd personally withhold judgment until I saw prints of the images. What often looks overblown in a compressed miniature displayed online, is quiet impressive printed large.

Off topic; I've always been intrigued with the similarity of the Thai temples to the ruins scattered through Mesoamerica.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Graham

'I photograph to find out what something will look like photographed.' -Garry Winogrand

Graham Best's gear list:Graham Best's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Sony Alpha 7R Sony a77 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow