Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lightsculpture
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
The forgotten E450...
Oct 15, 2009

With all the hype surrounding the new m4/3 cams, the E450 seems to have been forgotten...

Strictly speaking, the E450 is still the world's smallest dSLR. The m4/3 are not SLRs, they are EVIL.

I wonder if dpreview will post a review on this camera. I certainly hope they will not forget this great little camera.

Comparing its size to the G1/GH1, I realize that it is not that much bigger. In everyday usage scenarios, I do not think the difference in size/weight would make very significant differences. Since it has a good OVF and a fast phase detect AF, I think it is still a very very attractive camera when compared to the m4/3.

Since, Oly will not make any cameras to compete with the G1/GH1, I certainly hope Oly is not abandoning the attractive E4XX series.

BTW, when I looked at the review of E420 on dpreview, it seemed like the AA filter was causing some softness in output images. I wonder if Olympus changed the AA filter on the E450 and thus improving the resolution and sharpness of its images. Does anyone know?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow