Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pitt1717
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Need some advice.....All because of the wife
Oct 15, 2009

So I need some advice. I have been reading but like many tech forums, the more you read the more confusion sets in.

Here's the question. My P&S is starting to give up. Still takes great pictures with full batteries but slowly starts losing colors there after. Thats the bad news, the good news is the wife will let me move up to a dslr. So while im partial to cannon, their prices are a bit too high, Nikon seems a bit more reasonable. But not sure which model to go for. My wife will primarily use the camera as she is home with the kids. So most shots will be of them. We will be doing some portrait type work (not professional lighting stuff) and of the kids playing. So i would like to get something good to take action shots.

while the d40x/60/5000 would probably be more than enough for her as it will be set to auto most of the time, I would prefer the fine tuning of the 90. but again, she does not take care of things like i do and would probably cry if she breaks the 90. so i'm really leaning towards the 40x/60/5000. just not sure which to get. So out of the 3 what would you suggest? i would rather get the body only and pick up 1 or 2 nice lenses.

which brings me to the second question. which lens would be good for portrait work to back yard type shots. and what would be good to get the kid lets say in the middle of the football field (if i were right on the sidelines)? I'd like to get Lenses with af motors in them as the 3 body's do not have the motors correct? and also the stabilization as well

I know these questions are always asked and am sorry, but bottom line is, because this won't strictly be my camera i would like to keep the cost to less than 600 (possibly 700) for the body and lens (maybe 2). so what do yo think?

thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow