Started Oct 15, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
firefox23508
Contributing MemberPosts: 753
Like?
Epson's new EVF--brave new world?
Oct 15, 2009

If the marketing hype is true (disclaimer), this new EVF may usher in a true revolution in camera design, making the current Rube Goldberg convolution of hanging an anachronistic analog mirror box on a digital camera a thing of the past. I currently use a Panasonic G1 and the viewfinder is more than good enough for me, but there has been criticism by many who claim it is not good enough to replace an optical viewfinder. Perhaps this electronic viewfinder will be good enough to replace the optical ... then we just might see a full-frame sensor in a camera the size of a Rebel (or smaller).

Besides smaller camera bodies, eliminating the mirrorbox allows focusing on the sensor itself (like compact cameras and micro 4/3s) which eliminates front and back focusing issues and should improve overall focus accuracy. Not sure if this type of focus is slower than conventional focusing, but that is a problem time too would solve I believe.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow