Thom Hogans Video Specs: Sony please take note.

Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
Ken_5D
Forum ProPosts: 11,820
Like?
Re: Thom Hogans Video Specs: Sony please take note.
In reply to kevin_r, Oct 14, 2009

Sounds like a heck of camcorder...Still waiting for Sony's 2md generation of Pro level cameras.. maybe later I will be in the market for a Camcorder.

kevin_r wrote:

From his website, for a DSLR with video:

So let me outline the basic target:

• Max US$5000 target price (usable body only; by usable body, I mean add only a lens and you're shooting)

• Max 5 pound (with lens) target weight

• Large sensor (DX or bigger, specifically low-light capable)

• Interchangeable F-mount

• 1080P/24/30/60 capability (anything above that is gravy), plus 720P and 4:3 options as well

• dual, stereo XLR balanced inputs for audio, with manual levels

• headphone monitoring

• S-video and composite video in and out

• fold-out, 3"+ rotatable video monitor (900k dots, daylight viewable) and/or large electronic viewfinder

• multiple storage options (built in SD/CF card slots, USB drives, direct to pro decks, etc.) preferably with multiple formats (AVCHD, MPEG, direct Final Cut Pro, etc.)

• Stabilization (through body or lens or both)

• Shoulder mount design, but configurable with optional kits for different shooting styles

You also need autofocus lenses with geared manual override to do this right. Preferably, you'd also have a LANC input on the camera and LANC-enabled lenses.

If you're going to do it for Professionals you might at well hit the ball out of the park. All these features are already on Pro video cams.
--
Let there be light! Who said that?

-- hide signature --

Ken - A700 Owner..
Some of my work at:
http://gallery.cascadephotoworks.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow