Thom Hogans Video Specs: Sony please take note.

Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 11,820
Re: Thom Hogans Video Specs: Sony please take note.
In reply to kevin_r, Oct 14, 2009

Sounds like a heck of camcorder...Still waiting for Sony's 2md generation of Pro level cameras.. maybe later I will be in the market for a Camcorder.

kevin_r wrote:

From his website, for a DSLR with video:

So let me outline the basic target:

• Max US$5000 target price (usable body only; by usable body, I mean add only a lens and you're shooting)

• Max 5 pound (with lens) target weight

• Large sensor (DX or bigger, specifically low-light capable)

• Interchangeable F-mount

• 1080P/24/30/60 capability (anything above that is gravy), plus 720P and 4:3 options as well

• dual, stereo XLR balanced inputs for audio, with manual levels

• headphone monitoring

• S-video and composite video in and out

• fold-out, 3"+ rotatable video monitor (900k dots, daylight viewable) and/or large electronic viewfinder

• multiple storage options (built in SD/CF card slots, USB drives, direct to pro decks, etc.) preferably with multiple formats (AVCHD, MPEG, direct Final Cut Pro, etc.)

• Stabilization (through body or lens or both)

• Shoulder mount design, but configurable with optional kits for different shooting styles

You also need autofocus lenses with geared manual override to do this right. Preferably, you'd also have a LANC input on the camera and LANC-enabled lenses.

If you're going to do it for Professionals you might at well hit the ball out of the park. All these features are already on Pro video cams.
Let there be light! Who said that?

-- hide signature --

Ken - A700 Owner..
Some of my work at:

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow