Started Oct 14, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Julio
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,886
Like?
The 7D is incompetent!
Oct 14, 2009

Yeah. The 7D totally sucks and can't do anything right.

Poor IQ and it takes months of study just to get a good photo..and oh yeah, the 50mm f1.4 just won't work with it.

I'm actually a hunk but my 11 year old daughter shooting a DSLR for the first time in her life in auto mode with the hopeless 50mm f1.4 and the poor IQ of the 7D make me look much worse..and older too

This is my niece, Kylie (taken with that disgusting 50mm f1.4 again) who is extremely photogenic and would make any camera look like it has good IQ, so this one doesn't count. But...it would look much better if the pop-up flash wasn't just junk:

See what I mean about IQ? How hideous is that? (50mm f1.4 again)

It has severe problems with very saturated colors but that's just like all Canons...only Nikons can do this right. It should also be smart enough to ignore the stupid spider silk (50mm f1.4...last one with that lens, I promise):

BY now we all know it can't do BIFs or anything else. A competent camera would have gotten the front end of this bird:

Yeah... I lucked out on this one shooting against the water, but the stupid thing got the shadow too!

But gulls are easy. Just try capturing something like bunjee jumping against a busy background. I was actually trying to capture her on the way up, but the stupid thing got her on the way down with her shirt riding up. Oh well, at least the black nail polish on her right thumb is interesting:

And sometimes when it tracks, it almost completely misses the face! What good is that?

I think I'll take mine back.

PS. If you're a masochist and want to see this junk in the original size follow this:
http://fotoman99.smugmug.com/Other/Gallery-1/9753577_MK853#680287902_JztrG

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow