EF 100-400mm L and Canons date coding

Started Sep 26, 2008 | Discussions thread
Tom Jordan
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
Re: EF 100-400mm L and Canons date coding
In reply to Chuxter31, Oct 14, 2009

Hello Charles,

I bought the 100-400L about four months ago. I'm sitting here looking at the lens and do not see a date code anywhere on it or on the box. I bought it from Adorama. I decided I needed this lens when I borrowed a friends 2 year old version and took it to Yellowstone and Glacier national parks. The lens was a must have for the wildlife there and even though I'm not usually a wildlife shooter I wanted a lens llonger than my 70-200L non IS. My copy of this lens is eveything I hoped it would be and I am amazed at the color and contrast it produces. There is no need for a polorizer as the colors seems to be very rich. I own the 5D along with the 24-105L, and a 17-40L. I sold my 70-200L non IS to help pay for the 100-400L and have no regrets. I agree with you that the 24-105 & 100-400L combined cover a lot of needs when you don't feel like hauling around more!

I do this combo often. The only thing I feel I'm missing is a fast portrait lens for my kit. What do you think of the 135L F2? I've seen some amazing photo's and am thinking about that lens but my only concern is it seems a long focal length that would be limited to mostly outdoor portraits and non IS. Perhaps an 85 mm would be better.

Tom
--

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
FredNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow