Started Oct 13, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Calbrit
Regular MemberPosts: 219
Like?
S90 Wrist strap warning
Oct 13, 2009

Just started using my S90 today and so far very pleased with it. As someone who mainly takes landscape photos I am now finding myself shooting indoor shots just because they look SO good with this little camera. I need to spend more time on outdoor shooting to see if the S90 is as sharp as I like. I haven't owned a G10 but so far from the postings I have seen here it looks like it produces the IQ I would be happy with (so may buy a used one at some stage). I did own a SD880 and the images seemed good most of the time.

Anyway, the S90 is a great camera to have in your hands and to me the build quality is excellent (so far). One thing that isn't is the supplied wrist strap which started shredding within the first hour of use. I could not understand what was happening until I discovered that the strap is like a magnet for the Velcro hooks on my Targus camera pouch (my temporary pouch until I get the Canon leather one). I am very careful with my equipment but didn't see this happening until it was too late.

So beware of this issue or better still do not use a camera pouch with Velcro. I have switched to a more robust wrist strap which does not catch.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow