Started Oct 12, 2009 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
yokenny
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
D700 Live View - Trying to Understand
Oct 12, 2009

Hi, I'm helping a friend learn his new D700 so he can get up to speed quickly. He had an older Fuji body, so this is quite an upgrade and pretty deep.

So we were messing around with Live View and trying to fully grasp how it works in both modes. Definitely not the most intuitive system I've ever tried.

But I'm just curious to make sure I totally understand what it's capable of - does it give a preview of exposure along with focus and WB? It didn't seem to show my adjustments when I was adjusting the exposure compensation.

I would be very surprised if it's just for focus and WB, as getting an idea of where your exposure is at seems like it would be one of the most important uses. I've actually personally held off on getting a DSLR for the longest time as I really needed a decent Live View setup. I've just played around with the Sony's, and these seem to work really well, but I know they use a different system.

• Did we miss a setting somewhere?

• Any other Live View tips you can offer that might not be 100% obvious when just starting out?

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow